free/

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'M BACK !!!!!!

I received a note from Grammy asking where I was.. OMG, it's been so long I was embarrassed to show my face, but she inspired me to come back.. Grammy, thanks for your support!!
Where to begin... to start, no we haven't sold our house yet.. I mentioned before it is one-of-a-kind.. In-law suite, dirt road, older house, but I am disappointed because we remodeled to make it perfect for our family, and had hoped there was someone out there with the same needs!! We're not gonna give up, but its a bit discouraging.
We had kind of a quiet summer.. road trip to visit our long-time friends (the ones we visited in Ireland) in upstate New York.. Had lots of fun, went gambling.. always fun but not very productive :=). They go so much that they had 2 free rooms at a lovely resort nearby so we did stay overnight and enjoyed.
We had a weeks vacation all planned the last week in August with son and family to Hatteras Island.. Outer Banks.. absolutely favorite beaching!! Do you watch the Weather Channel?? Well, then you remember Hurricane Irene that came ashore at Hatteras Island at that time!! Yes, that was us!! Last minute maneuvering and we were successful..We were scheduled to go there Aug 27th and landfall was predicted Aug 28th!! Not the place you want to be!! So on Aug 26th, I found a 3 bedroom rental beachfront!! in North Myrtle Beach (at an Irene bargain $500/week!!)and off we went!! Stayed overnight in Mt Airy, NC (while Irene was landing in Hatteras).. Next day stopped in Charlotte, NC and had lunch with my niece and nephew and on to a perfect week at the beach :=) See, when you're old, you learn to be flexible!!
This weather stuff is becoming familiar remembering our 2 weeks in Paris because of the Icelandic volcano, the tornado and subsequent week power outage here while we were in Napa Valley, the 40" snowfall here while we were cruising, the Good Friday tornadoes while we were visiting St Louis. I know they're signs, I just don't know what they mean!!
What's our latest?? Surviving (barely) without my Jeep, 1 car is the pits!! We'll see what winter brings on our dirt road..
Continuing to enjoy the social perks of our retirement community.. swam a lot this summer, went to several parties there.. all while watching our new patio home taking shape.. Its frustrating..
Going to their end-of-month party Friday.. it's a tailgate party..I'm talking hubby into wearing his letter jacket from our college days.. Is that appropiate?? I think its great. Signed up to bring Carrot Cake.. do have a great recipe I'll share..
That's about it..
See, nothing much.. Looking forward to visiting Jenn and Adam for Thanksgiving again.. Hope we all survive better than last year!! Did I talk about the flu bug we brought with us?? Each of us went down for a few days, totally no food consumed the entire weekend.. it was tragic :=)
If you finish this thanks for staying with me and I will keep this up regularly
Thanks :=)

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Now I feel lots better!! :-)

    I think that being flexible is really important (at any age!!). So many opportunities are missed when we're stuck in our own ways and mindsets. Life is just so unpredictable--it's so much sweeter to make lemonade with all those lemons! ;-)

    Yeah, this has sure been a weird year weather-wise! And to think that you've been in the thick of so much of it!! Wow!!

    Again, thanks for the update!! I do hope that you'll continue to blog, sharing your life. I've missed you! :-)

    ReplyDelete