free/

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Snow??? In October ???

Stuck inside for the day.. there were predictions of 60" of snow this winter in the Pittsburgh area, but still didn't think it would start this early... Yuck!!
The leaves are still on the trees, haven't put away the lawn furniture yet or carved our pumpkin.. Double Yuck
Latest update.. still haven't sold our house.. The new one is coming along,. have the outside siding on, but we're really getting discouraged.. It's gonna be a long winter and the real estate market is sluggish.. Patience!!
Planning to go to our daughters house in St Louis for Thanksgiving.. Didn't work so well last year as the flu followed us there and we all dropped.. one by one.. I think it'll be a family get-together as our son from Aspen is coming and our other son and family.. from right around the corner .. will stop by on their way home from Colorado Springs where her family lives.. Complicated ?? yeah.. we always are, but seem to work it out..
I'm gonna make bourbon balls and take with me.. but i think i'll use brandy instead.. nothing like bourbon balls to lighten up a family gathering :=)
I brought yarn back from our visit to Ireland. It's one big ball and had no idea how much was in it.. Found a yarn shop in a village nearby that weighed it and I found out I have almost enough for a sweater.. so found a pattern that had a patterned yoke of differet colors and hope I'll have enough.. It'll keep me busy anyway..
I know i've been busy, but can't figure how.. Hockey season has started and we share our tickets with another family.. Have gone to a few games and it's always fun.. Our Pittsburgh Penguins!! They're pretty good..
I'll try to post a few pictures.. And maybe my bourbon (brandy) ball recipe..
Later..

2 comments:

  1. Hey!! Thought I'd drop by and say "HI!!" How are you? How did your holidays go? And the brandy balls? I would like to see that recipe myself? Did you start your sweater?

    I took a blogging break before the new year and I'm back now. I'm trying to blog more often. :-) It's hard to think of enough to blog about! Ha Ha!!

    Hope to see you post soon!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!!! Just so you know, I'm still waiting for that cruise update!! Giggle!! ;-)

    Just thought I'd give you a holler and see what you were up to!!

    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete