free/

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Third Times a Charm

We've been trying to squeeze in a visit to our daughter J and son-in-law A in St Louis.. Our first attempt was aborted when we had our last-minute trip to Ireland.. Would do that again in a heartbeat :=) Second was Palm Sunday, but they couldn't get time off.. so, now we're planning Easter Weekend.. This one will work!!
She was our late-born gift!!! Having 2 boys within 18 months in our mid-twenties was an experience I won't soon forget!! Full time job keeping them out of trouble and protecting them from each other!! What a madhouse!! Only for the young..
So, here we were.. We're forty, boys are teenagers and starting high school, things finally settling down.. and presto, along comes our little princess :=) What a treat she was!! I was really worried that I couldn't mother a girl, as I was so used to trying to keep the boys in line.. didn't know if I had the softer side to mother a girl..
But no worries, she was a delight from the beginning.. the boys absolutely doted on her.. she never lacked for attention.. Honestly don't think we ever heard her cry.. Growing up, we had so much more time for her and a whole new circle of friends emerged for us.. Parents 15 years younger than us were the norm all thru high school, college and sports.. we're still friends today.. I'm sure she's whats kept us younger feeling all these years :=)
Now married and off for good,I do miss her.. We still talk every day, and she actually said she missed me when we were in Ireland!! Small wonders!!

No comments:

Post a Comment